Are you like us: passionate about craft and recycling? Join The Junk Weavers Inc to attend any (or all – there’s only one annual cost of $55.00) of the upcoming recycled craft workshops in Hobart, Ipswich or Cairns. Register and become a member NOW.
- Oct 29th, 10am – 3pm Make a Coin Purse beginners class at Post Office 176, New Town.
- Oct 30, Flat bottom Master class (must already know how to weave) followed by a social BBQ. This is held at a members home so address/time will be provided in our Members only group or to participants at the Make a Coin Purse beginners workshop
- 1st Nov, Weaving College, 7 – 9pm (private member’s home so address only on genuine enquiry). Get help with whatever project you are working on. Mistress weaver, Megan Bayliss, is here on the 1st Nov to help all members and potential new members.
- Regular 2 hour weaving college, 7 – 9pm runs fortnightly in West Moonah under the expert tuition of Bec Williams. Beginners and experienced members are welcome (private member’s home so address only on genuine enquiry).
- November 5th, 10am – 3pm Make a Coin Purse beginners workshop at Firestation 101.
- Regular 2 hour weaving college runs weekly on a Sunday, 11:45-1:45 (begins Nov 13th), in Ipswich library (study room) under the expert tuition of Kat Devantier. Beginners and experienced members are welcome.
- Regular 2 hour weaving college runs weekly on a
Tue morning, 10 – 12 noon at Earth Mumas Kitchen, McManus St, Regis Aged Care, Whitfield, and
Wednesday evenings 5.30 – 7.30pm (private members home in the city).
Before Christmas 2016 and across the three locations, The Junk Weavers Inc introduce our simultaneous Round Robin Recycled Crafternoon. Four different recycled crafters in each place offer four different recycled crafts for you groovers to have a go at. Spend 45 minutes at each table, or stay at the one table for three hours. The three sites will Skype in together for the opening of the crafternoon and so you can all see the recycled crafts on offer at the other locations. Cost is membership of $55.00. If you already have membership then there is no extra cost.
Wherever you are in the world, become a member to use our “how to weave single use plastic” videos in our members only facebook group. We also seek workshop trainers (Australia only at this stage) for all types of recycled craft. Please contact Megan Bayliss to discuss the recycled craft you do, whether you have teaching skills and whether there would be enough interest in your area to run workshops.
Keep talking garbage, you mob. We sure will. Mxxxxxxxxx