Milk bottles; Coffee jars; Soft drink bottles; Juice bottles: This is the stuff of most kitchen rubbish bins.
It is also the stuff of my recycled craft studio and the stuff I made the cute recycled Christmas decoration pictured out of.
- 2 coffee jar lid under seals
- 2 aluminium juice bottle lid under seals
- 2 coke bottle lid under seals (love those little blue plastic disks - they make great eyes)
- 2 coke bottle neck rings (they're produced when you screw the lid off and break the seal).
- 2 plastic milk bottle neck rings.
How to make the recycled Christmas decoration:
- Hot glue gun a medium silver disc to a large white disk.
- Hot glue gun a small blue disk to a medium silver disk
- Hot glue gun a milk bottle neck ring to the outside of the silver disk.
- Repeat the process so that you have two built up circle pieces.
- To the back of one of the disks, hot glue gun a HALF section of the coke bottle neck rings to the top and bottom of the large circular disk, so that half is glued and half is free. The unglued section becomes the hanger or the part to tie further embellishment onto.
This took at most 10 minutes from idea to completion. EASY
Don't add your kitchen waste to landfill....add it to your Christmas tree or use it to decorate your Christmas gifts.