I absolutely love this idea I found at FaveCrafts: a two tier sandwich server (the picture is courtesy of FaveCrafts). I LOVE china and have collected many beautiful pieces over the years so I intend to make a crazy server with un-matching pieces of my precious collection.
A user at FaveCrafts left a comment to suggest that this could be made with plastic grocery trays. That is a great idea too...as long as the sandwich tier doesn't then get tossed out as a disposable item (please don't toss stuff - give it to us to upcycle to early childhood centers).
Here's how to make your most fashionable sandwich tier:
- 1 Dinner Plate
- 1 Bread and Butter Plate or Bowl ( smaller than the dinner plate )
- 1 Candle Stick Holder ( glass, brass, something that will match the plates.)
- 1 Tube of strong glue that secures glass.
- Make sure that all three pieces are washed and dried.
- Place the dinner plate on a flat surface, like the table.
- Find the center of the dinner plate and place the candle stick upside down on the middle of the dinner plate. Carefully place a little strong glue on the candle stick rim and place it back in the center of the dinner plate. The candle stick is the column between the two tiers. Let that dry in place for 1 hour.
- Place the smaller plate or bowl on top of the candle stick holder, making sure to center the candle stick in the middle of smaller plate or bowl bottom. Now place a small amount of strong glue onto the rim of the candle stick holder and replace the small plate or bowl, making sure it is centered properly.
- Allow your 2-tier serving platter to dry for 24 hours before using. Hand wash rather than placing in the dishwasher (so that the glue is not melted or loosened).