LOVE this idea from home-dzine: Art for Pizza Lovers. Imagine how many pizza boxes would NOT end up in landfill if we all made wall art from our fast food service 🙂
You will need:
- Pizza boxes - small, medium or large
- Wallpaper, wrapping paper, magazine or fabric
- Bostik spray adhesive
- Craft or utility knife
- Double-sided tape to mount onto wall
1. For my project I used some left over Fired Earth wallpaper that I had. It's vinyl wallpaper - nice and thick - and perfect for this type of project. But you could also use wrapping paper or fabric, or even delightful magazine pages big enough to cover the pizza boxes.
2. Cut a sheet of paper so that it is bigger than the box and will fold nicely over the sides.
3. Spray the back of the paper and the front and sides of the box with Bostik spray adhesive and leave for five minutes.
4. Place the front of the box on the paper, making sure to place in the centre, and press down.
5. Use scissors to cut all four corners diagonally.
6. Fold over two opposite side. Don't fold all the sides over just yet as you need to create nice, neat corners.
7. Fold the edges/corners of the sides that you have just folded over onto the other sides - as shown left.
8. On the other two corners, trim the edges straight and then spray adhesive onto the corners that you have just folded over. Wait for five minutes.
9. Now fold the other sides onto the edges.
10. Use a craft knife to cut away any excess at the back.
I have not made these little beauties yet: but I will be 🙂
23.2.12: PHOTOGRAPHY REMOVED. Please see comment below re photo copyright.