Check this wonderful recycling CD cases idea from Fave Crafts....start thinking about this for Mother's Day.
From CD case to hanging picture frame
This is a great way to recycle spare CD cases and keep the plastic out of landfill.
- 1 or 2 slim jewel cases (CD cases)
- craft glue
- packaging tape
- 2 pictures of child 4x6 (10.2 x 15.2 cm)
- anything to decorate your frames such as flowers or buttons
- Cut ribbon into 4 pieces that are 5 inches (12.7 cm) long.
- Dab a little glue in each corner on the inside of the cover of the case.
- Slide ribbon under the inside tabs (and on top of the glue) of the case making a border.
- Place picture on top of ribbon and secure with tape. You could stop there and make it a standing frame.
- For the double picture frame hanger, repeat steps 1-4 on a second jewel case.
- Cut 2 pieces of ribbon equal lengths to use to connect the two frames.
- Secure both ribbons to the back of the jewel cases with tape. Make sure there is equal space between both cases so your picture frames hang straight.
- Cut another piece of ribbon for the hanger. Loop from one side of the top frame to the other. Secure with tape.
- Now decorate the front of the frames.
How cute would it be if in one of the pictures the child was holding a sign that said," Happy Mother's Day ! I Love You !"
At The Junk Wave we have plenty of CD (Jewel) cases so be sure to get your order in if you need some. They are only $3.00 for a box full (or get 4 boxes of different smart art goodies for $10.00)