Inspired by this stand up animal tutorial at Favecrafts, I cut a kangaroo template from a plastic milk bottle and covered it with newspaper.
Create a zoo environment for the kids to play with.
- Fabric scraps for each animal (or newspaper or magazine pages)
- ½ yard heavyweight fast2fuse (or use plastic milk bottle like I did)
- Fabric markers (optional)
- Paper punch (optional)
- Yarn (optional)
- Fabric glue (I used PVA craft glue)
How to make it:
- Trace the patterns (or free draw like I did for the Kangaroo) onto the fast2fuse (or plastic milk bottle) and cut them out.
- Fuse fabric (or glue your paper) to both sides of each piece and cut. Trim the edges.
- Mark the slot lines and cut each slot wide enough for the animal parts to slide smoothly together.
- Use a paper punch or a marker to make the eyes.
- If desired, dab glue onto the slot points to permanently hold the pieces together.
- Add optional yarn details, such as tails and manes.