It is Cairns turn to hold a master class for turning household plastic waste (like chip and biscuit packets) into gorgeous fashion hand bags.
So simple once you know the techniques, save hundreds of dollars. Craft your own designer handbag: one of a kind and very trendy.
If you are like me, you will relish in the delight of replying, `I made it myself.`
See some more photos of beautiful recycled hand bags on our facebook Bag Making Master Class event page (and like our page while you are there).
So Far North Queensland peeps (Townsville, Atherton Tableland and surrounding folk most welcome too...this is not just for Cairns residents), I offer you a hand bag making master class in Cairns on Saturday, January 12 from 9am to 2pm.
For just $50.00* (discounts available) you will learn:
- how cool you are for keeping plastic food packets out of landfill and ocean (who said you can`t be fashionable and environmentally friendly at the same time!)
- what to collect
- how to disinfect your street or beach pick-ups so there are no germs in your recycled bag
- how to cut
- how to fold
- how to link
- how to join
- how to weave your rows together
- how to join your base seam
- how to make handles
Best of all, just by attending the recycled food wrappers bag making master class you go into the draw to WIN the recycled handbag we construct at the Master Class. Its retail value is $100.00. Cool as!
So, design and make the next Louis Vuitton Urban Handbag and celebrate saving the environment at the same time.....by keeping trash out of landfill and ocean and keeping our streets clean.
Eleven recycled bag crafting positions only. HOLD YOUR SPOT now by asking Megan for a tax invoice.
Contact Megan immediately to ask for your tax invoice (remember that it is possible to get a 10 % or 20% discount so ring your friends and ask if you can book them in too.....Megan needs to know at point of invoice - one invoice for +friend bookings).
When: Sat. January 12th 2013, 9am - 2pm
Where: Uniting Care Community`s Mooroobool Community Support Service, 2 Rambutan Close, Manunda (Off Moody St, near the Pease St intersection)
- any chip/lolly/chocolate/pasta/etc packets you may otherwise have put into your rubbish bin;
- something simple to contribute toward a shared finger lunch (morning tea supplied).
Can kids come? The recycled bag making master class is suitable for children 12+. Megan has a blue card and used to be a child therapist so she is very comfortable with children and young people.
WARNING: Laughter is MANDATORY at Megan`s workshops. If you can`t handle a fun learning environment, Megan`s workshops are not for you.
* Discounts available to returning workshop participants and to those who bring someone new. Ten percent off if you have previously done a The Junk Wave workshop with Megan Bayliss anywhere in Australia and ten percent off if you bring along a person who has never been to a The Junk Wave workshop with Megan Bayliss. Total of 20% discount available to a single person = just $40.00 with the chance (1 out of 11) to win a bag worth $100.00.