Want to help the work Megan does through The Junk Weavers Inc and Operation Food for Life? Here’s what we suggest:
- Give us your single use kitchen food plastics: chip and biscuit packets, rice packets, chocolate and lolly packets, etc. If it’s plastic with nice colours or writing on it, we can weave it. We collect in Cairns, Ipswich and in Hobart. Contact us for drop off addresses.
Hold a recycled craft workshop in your area. Get at least 10 friends together (some restrictions – if we need to fly to your area we will need 20 participants) and we will do a weaving workshop for you.
- Become a paid member (individual or corporate) of The Junk Weavers Inc. This is really important as we weave our environmental message across the globe. The more members, the more we can achieve and the greater the reach.
- Get onto our newsletter list so we can let you know when we are training or speaking in your area.
- Like and join the conversation on facebook.
- Donate goods or money for weaving school in Papua New Guinea (Bomana Women’s Prison and poor villages). Financial donations straight to Operation Food for Life but scissors and Combantrin straight to Megan Bayliss in Cairns.
- Book Megan Bayliss as a speaker or trainer. Laughter is mandatory!
- Partner with us if you are an organisation concerned with helping the environment or making recycled craft. We will support you, help you in practical ways wherever we can, share your messages with our community and link arms in solidarity. We are happy to trade logos and links on our site.
If you are part of 1millionwomen acting on climate change through the way we live, then YOU are the voice!