How to make an Easter basket from recycled paper
by Megan Bayliss | March 23, 2012 6:30 am
A bit of paper, a bit of glue, a bit of chocolate and some very happy children.
Use Easter to help raise consciousness about the environment too: make recycled Easter paper baskets.
- *Patience while the glue dries
- * PVA glue (it can be watered down 50/50 to help spread and save money
- * Shredded paper
- * Bowl to use as a mold
- * Old plastic bag to reuse instead of plastic wrap to cover the bowl
- * Paintbrush to paint the glue onto the paper
- * Sticky tape to secure the plastic bag to the bowl
What the children help you do:
- Cover a bowl with your plastic bag. It makes no difference whether you cover the inside or the outside of the bowl – try both. Secure your plastic bag cover with sticky tape.
- Paint glue onto a section of the covered bowl
- Sprinkle a small handful of shredded paper onto the glued section. Carefully flatten out fly-away strands of shredded paper with your wet paintbrush: use more glue if needed.
- Paint glue onto another section and repeat the process of glue/sprinkle paper until the bowl is covered. Do this two or three times if you want a thicker bowl. I like a lace work bowl, but you may prefer a closed bowl so do at least three layers.
- When the basket is completely dry, it will come away relatively easily from the plastic bag covered mold (the PVA doesn’t stick steadfast to plastic). Gently remove the bowl, bit by bit.
There you have it, a beautiful Easter basket made from recycled paper and ready to fill with goodies to hide in the garden for the Easter Egg hunt.
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Shredded-paper-bowl-by-Di-Payne-MOM1.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-10.50.11.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-10.53.00.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-10.53.14.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-11.11.23.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-10.54.05.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-11.12.05.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-10.55.00.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-11.12.29.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-10.56.34.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-11.08.43.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-11.44.28.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-14.58.47.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-15.21.50.jpg
- [Image]: http://thejunkwave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-03-22-15.20.53.jpg
- Share: #
Source URL: http://thejunkwave.com/2012/03/23/how-to-make-an-easter-basket-from-recycled-paper/